Monday, January 21, 2008

Breyten's First Day of Kindergarten









Breyten had attended the same preschool for several years and had a close group of friends. When it came time for Kindergarten, I was a bit concerned that he would have a difficult transition. As it turned out, he siezed the experience and enjoyed every minute of it. Within the first few days, he was walking around his new school, Clinton Elementary, as if he owned it and was paling around with a new group of friends. Naturally, he was oblivious to the momentous occasion that I was experiencing as my little boy entered with realm of public school. Although he had been in daycare since he was three months old, I felt more than ever that I had sent my little one out into the world.

Since starting Kindergarten, Breyten's ability to read and write has exploded. He is very engaged in what he is learning. According to his teacher, Mrs. Marter, he and his friends spend all of their free time at the Writing Center in class, where they make mini-books and write every word they know and copy those that they don't.

See the link below for a link to a photo album of his first day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home