Saturday, August 15, 2009

Linda Brunette Menk, 1947-2009

I was four or five when I met Linda, and in 1982 she and dad got married. I really can't remember my childhood without her and I can hardly wrap my head around the fact that she is gone. I am consoled by knowing she is at peace. Finally. We had a Celebration of Life for her yesterday, attended by nearly 300 family and friends. It was a wonderful celebration of who she was and what she did for her community.

Breyten and mommy ready to go to the celebration


Brandon and Laura



Me and my little brother


Brandon speaks at Linda's Celebration of Life


A recent picture of Linda belies her struggle. The family focused on the bright points of her life and all that she gave to her community. We will miss her and we are relieved she is at peace.


Linda, Brandon, and I welcome Breyten in 2001


Linda and Dad's wedding in 1982, Laguna Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home