Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of Third Grade

August 25, 2010 Breyten starts third grade at Clinton Elementary. Clinton is under renovation for the next two years, so all the teachers and students are going to be using a school building in the Short North, Hubbard Elementary. Breyten says he likes the new building and that he loves the bus ride.


Ada saw me take the picture above, ran into the house, and demanded her "pack pack." Here she is recreating her brother's moment.


This year Breyten is riding the bus to school. The bus stop is about two and a half blocks from our house. I asked Breyten if he'd like Ada and I to walk him to the bus stop. He said "No, I think I can do it." Here he is on his way. I had a lingering sense of loss and pride all day.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Amelia--love all the recent photos.
Lovely that you were able to spend time with a long-time friend.
I had to comment, though, mostly on the back-to-school photos...with a bit of a lump in my throat...oh 3rd grade already! Hope his first week and a half at the new building and the bus riding have all been good. Such an independent young man walking solo to his stop, too.
Al also will ride the bus for the first time this year at his new school. First day of second grade is tomorrow--eek!
Love Ada and her "pack pack"--Gigi only very recently starting saying "backpack" and previously had also said "pack pack" LOL! Hugs to all :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home