Hello...
Amelia and I would like to welcome to the world Adelaide Bailey Menk-Brown aka "Ada" - born May 13th 2008 at 1:51 PM. Specs are as follows: 7 lbs 6 oz.; 20" long; light brown straight hair (for now) ; hazel eyes (until further notice). Likes: eating, sleeping. Dislikes: being disturbed while appreciating her "likes."

Labor and delivery went smoothly. Completely natural, unmedicated birth - I am in awe of her. For those who think the idea of an umedicated birth is crazy, this is what the reward looks like. Take note.
Picking her up for the first time required concentration. I can tell you this absolutely, positively, something that you do not want to mess up. Fortunately, all parts are still intact.

Breyten is already a pro as a big brother. Okay, technically an unranked amateur. But, he thinks Ada's cute and handles her brilliantly - already a step ahead of many older siblings.

Proud grandma holding the fruit of Amelias labor. Yes - fatigue has reduced me to terrible, awful newborn puns. She made the drive from Pittsburgh and arrived just in time for the show.

Picking her up for the first time required concentration. I can tell you this absolutely, positively, something that you do not want to mess up. Fortunately, all parts are still intact.

Breyten is already a pro as a big brother. Okay, technically an unranked amateur. But, he thinks Ada's cute and handles her brilliantly - already a step ahead of many older siblings.

Proud grandma holding the fruit of Amelias labor. Yes - fatigue has reduced me to terrible, awful newborn puns. She made the drive from Pittsburgh and arrived just in time for the show.
More lengthly and insightful posts to come from Amelia soon - as well as comical photos of me changing my first poo filled diaper - just a teaser. Enjoy everyone. Thanks for looking.
-David


4 Comments:
Congratulations!!!!!
Oh Amelia great job :D
She is just beautiful...
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
David, congrats--looks like you're a pro already, too ;)
Breyten, congrats big brother! Yah!
Looking forward to reading/seeing more soon.
Hugs to all!
Congratulations!!!!!!
Enjoy this special time while she is little. They grow so so quickly.
All the best from your friends in NE Ohio,
Alan, Sarah, Morgan, Bailey, Samuel, & Laurel
Congratulation, I was waiting for a this post, she's adorable! Did you and Amy have a Bradly Birth? Undedicated childbirth is a definitely work, but its so worth it. I was hoping that would be your choice. Enjoy your baby! (she won't be a baby for very long!)
Greetings, Amelia, David , Breyten and Ada,
I received your thank-you today and I can only imagine how busy you are. I wanted to let you know that I have your blog site on my favorites and enjoy reading your updates. You are welcome and I do hope to meet you all in the future.
Dinah
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home