Sunday, November 09, 2008

SEVEN

Breyten is seven years old!

We be pirates!

What was I thinking?! 14 kids plus Breyten for a November birthday party inside?! The gravity of the situation sunk in the night before as I literally dreamed about the party all night long. How will I control 15 sugar-laden kids inside?! The answer? Bribery mixed with a good dose of fun. Since it was a pirate party, we told the kids that if a pirate captain (a grown-up) shouted "Ahoy, Pirates!" they had to yell "Argh!" and come running to us as fast as they could. The first pirate to reach us got a treat. Worked like a charm! Here is our miscreant crew of 7 year old pirates!

So, when I was a little girl, the funny thing to do was to sing the Happy Birthday song ending with the phrase "You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too!" The simeon humor seems to have given way to the Latin trend, as Breyten's friends sang "Happy Birthday to you...CHA CHA CHA! Happy Birthday to you...CHA CHA CHA!"

The birthday boy opens his gifts

We kept this gift until the next day (Breyten's actual birthday), knowing that a party would be enough for one day and a Wii would be enough for the other

Breyten and David Wii together

Breyten happily Wiis

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Blogger Team Evans said...

Oh my gosh...you have a Wii! I think I´ll be spending everyday at your house when I get home! Seriously though, the party looked like fun and props to you and David both for having the energy to pull it off. See you soon...hugs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home