Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring Break 2009, Stage 2, Richmond Part 2

We reassessed our travel schedule last night as we were stumbling over ourselves at 9 p.m. Could be that the final push to get out of Cbus combined with Ada's restless nights on the road caught up with us. Oh, and David didn't get a ride in yesterday which = cranky. We could barely fathom the idea of traveling to Williamsburg this morning. So we regrouped and decided to stay here in Richmond for the day and then proceed this evening to Chincoteague as we had planned.

David is getting ready to go for a ride. Ada is napping. Breyten is drawing. I am blogging. Aunt Mar says there is a really nice park nearby with a bamboo maze (like a corn maze, but with bamboo) and all sorts of other stuff. I think we'll check that out early this afternoon. Vacation is as it should be: relaxing. Sorry Colonial Williamsburg. We'll have to catch up with you next time.

Here are some more pictures from yesterday. Aunt Mar took us on a car tour of the city. We really liked what we saw. There are some beautiful old neighborhoods and a great downtown. We would really like to have some time to explore it more, though we'll have to save that for another trip.

It sure is bright and sunny!


The Virginia Statehouse



The Governor's mansion, downtown Richmond



This is my Grandma and Grandpa Menk's old house here in Richmond. The last time I was here was visiting at this house when I was three. Funny enough, I remembered more or less what it looked like. I remembered the trees and I thought it was a ranch, though it is a split level. Not bad recollecting with 32 years in between visits!



David, Martha, and Ada hiking along the James River


Breyten takes a break on a flat rock by the James River

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home