It's a...
So we had our ultrasound today and the baby finally stopped being modest and showed us some parts! We are expecting a little GIRL! Check out the ultrasound image. Yes, yes, we know that it is hard to tell what you are looking at. Imagine that we took the baby and sat her, naked, on a photocopier. You'd basically be looking at a copy of her bum and the bottom of her legs. OK. Now, look at the black area that is to the right of the word "labia." You'll see two vertical highlights. These are the baby's femur bones. So now look in between the two femurs and you'll see, well, little girl parts.
Of course, with an ultrasound you only have somewhere around 85% accuracy in determination of sex--especially with girls. So there is always a chance that a little boy pops out in the end (which would really tickle Breyten, who is still hoping for a brother). But the doctor seemed pretty confident that these were indeed girl parts, and we're pretty comfortable with her assessment.
We'll let you know when we have a name!



6 Comments:
Always so pedagogical, I think it's the first time I "get" an ultrasound. Those are some strong looking femur bones...
Tatiana, you are the official commentator for our blog! No one else leaves comments!
Glad to help you "see" the ultrasound! They can be pretty difficult to read. The doctor explained to us what we were seeing, so I became the proxy tour guide :)
Congratulations you guys!!! I got your link via Michelle, and was so happy to hear about your expected new addition! I'm just seeing your blog for the first time, so I'll be going through to see what other mischief you've been up to...
So happy for you!!! :)
Hi Matt!
So glad that Chelley forwarded our link to you. Yes, there's a lot to catch up on. When you get the chance, fill us in on what you're up to. If you happen to be in Cbus, let us know because we'd love to see you!
I think as the official commentator I deserve a picture. Or a bottle of River Ha. Or lotsa love. Uhm... or all of the above!
Do I know your due date? Oh, I am an aunt! My niece Clara was born last week. I will be Tieta Tatiana, kinda difficult for her to pronounce. So I've decided she can call me Tatà (that also means the odds of my name being the first word she says are pretty high).
Where is the bookmark feed?
Amelia and David, you put a picture of your daughter's nether regions on the Internet.
What more can I say?
I hope Helena/Miriam/Nora doesn't find out about this later in life.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home