Spring Break 2009, Stage 4, Washington, DC
Well, we made it to DC yesterday! We didn't do any museums. Just monuments. But we had a great time and Breyten did GREAT walking as much as he did. We got some great pictures, but I can't download any until we get home because of some internet issues we are having here in Falls Church. After we did monuments, starving, we made our way to Dupont Circle for some yummies. Just as we were wondering where to eat, I said to David "There used to be this bookstore that has a restaurant attached to it that I used to go to all the time when I spent the summer interning in DC." We both turned to the store next to us and David said "That looks like it might be it!" And it was. The food was great, and Ada spent a half hour waving around a lamb chop in delight.
Today we went to the new Smithsonian Air and Space at Dulles, which was truly amazing. We highly recommend for anyone's visit. Below are some pics.
I am a bit disappointed that we did not get to the Newseum. I think we'll have to make that pilgrimge on our next visit with parent/aunt and uncle support to entertain the kiddos.
You know how you can get your name on a brick if you give $100 bucks? At the Air and Space museum, they have donor names on wing flaps. I don't know how he got so lucky, but my dad got his name on the very first flap. Here's a picture of it. Breyten is playing the role of Vanna White.
This is the space shuttle Enterprise. It's pretty cool to see a full sized model of the shuttle. To our disappointment, it wasn't a shuttle that has been to space. It's the one that they used on the back of a 747 to show how the shuttle can be transported via airplane.
David and Breyten pose next to the space suit. The friendly soul who took the pic did not seem to know how to frame a shot, but beggars can't be choosers. Anyway, that's why Breyten does not have a body in this pic.
Ada is not satisfied with her stroller and prefers mommy and daddy transport systems.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home