Spring Break 2009, Stage 4, Part 2 Washington, DC
We stopped in briefly to see the Obamas
We really enjoyed the Korean War Memorial. The statues are amazing. I seem to remember that they used to be over by the Vietnam memorial when I interned in DC. Does anyone know if they were moved? The current installation of the memorial was created in the late 90s and it includes a black wall that mirrors the Vietnam memorial. I'm not sure I like the effect...I don't think the Korean memorial needed to be symetrical with the Vietnam to hold its weight. Actually, I think it was strong on its own with just the soldiers. Anyway, we still liked it very much.
The Meesa girl really loves ice cream. She and I shared a Dove ice cream bar in front of the Lincoln Memorial. After every bite she would scream "NUM!", which is her demand for more food. She was VERY disappointed when it was all gone. There were tears when the wrapper hit the trash can.
Breyten really enjoyed all the personal letters and items that were left at the Vietnam memorial. We stopped and read several.
The Washington Monument and the Capital in the early evening
Breyten casts his shadow on the Washington Monument at night


1 Comments:
Hey Amelia,
Thanks for sharing the highlights of your vacation. Looks like the kids had a wonderful time! We are rather homebound these days, and it was fun to share in your adventures. I especially loved the beach photos. I've always wanted to make it to Assateague---maybe one of these days. . . .
Lisa
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home