Sunday, May 03, 2009

For my birthday

It was a low-key birthday for me, but very nice. Lots of delicous treats at the office followed by dinner at home with friends Justin and Claire. We tried to make falafel, but somehow we didn't quite get the balls we were looking for. We kind of ended up with oily moosh. I think the oil wasn't hot enough. Word to the wise. Anyway, never fear! We ordered falafel from Aladdin's and soon enough we were in Mediterranean bliss. Top it off with baklava and good conversation. It was a very nice night.

Justin shares his hat with Ada


Claire models the falafel moosh


The other thing I wanted for my birthday was time in the garden. Lottie, a 6th grader in the neighborhood who just took the babysitting class, came over and sat with Ada for a couple of hours while David and I got some plants in the ground. I got all my flowers in pots in the front yard and we even planted an herb garden out back.

Farmer Dave


Our herb garden, though there are a few veggies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home